Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Intranquil Spirit



The Intranquility spell is, unfortunately, the first resort of many a rejected lover. In some ways it makes sense -- the more unhappy and forlorn one is about a breakup, the better this idea of making the other partner feel just as much so starts to sound. Unfortunately, this spell is often not well suited to a case. The purpose of the standard Intranquility spell is to have the person be tormented by the spirit until they make contact with you, or whomever the spell is being cast for. This means that if a person is already in good contact with their ex OR if they're one of those people who cannot restrain themselves from initiating contact, then this already is probably not the right spell for that case. If you've had an Intranquility spell cast and you make contact with the ex, then that's fulfilled the requirement -- the person can feel calm again because you've been in touch, and they don't need to do anything more to release the burden.

Another problem with the Intranquility spell is it is simply a rather mean spell. It's definitely not something to do if you're hoping for a happy reconciliation -- part of the spell even specifies that the person should be helpless and hopeless. Now, some people are probably deserving of this; and some people are just desperate enough to want this whether the target deserves it or not. Whatever the case, a lot of folks  who use it claim they want the person to come back to them happy do so, and once again it's a bad move if that is really your goal. The spell isn't about making the person happy to see you. What success stories I've heard with the Intranquil Spirit, were stories where a miserable and obsessive person was returned, not a cheery lover glad to be back.

Additionally with the Intranquility, it is invoking an unhappy entity to go and torture someone. This spirit has a bit of a reputation for being difficult to control. I've heard more than one case where it was reported that the spirit actually went after the wrong person in the equation (the abandoned lover, not the abandoner after whom she was meant to chase) and there are also accounts of the spirit sometimes refusing to let up even after the couple are together again. [EDIT 9/2015: while it's true I have heard this reported many times, I have come to a different conclusion about the nature of the complaint. I now feel that the people who complain of this are people who were already inclined to be distressed and obsessed about their ex, and they are only blaming these feelings on the spirit.] In short, it's somewhat advanced work -- not good for a beginner who doesn't know what they are getting into.

Another often overlooked problem with the Intranquility spell is that it doesn't actually make the person love you or even necessarily want to be with you -- it just makes them feel bad if they are away from you. Honestly, many cases I've heard reported didn't work to ever bring back the target; all that happened was the target was made unhappy forever, but never decided to return to his or her ex.

In short, Intranquility work does not demonstrate itself to be more effective or more powerful than other return lover spells. In light of this, it should be used very carefully.

The Intranquility Spell is suitable to use when one doesn't care about the target's happiness now or in the future, doesn't mind working with nasty spirits, and had good control over their own behavior. As Cat Yronwode puts it: "If this is your idea of a love spell, ugh."

In the book Mastery of Love, Don Miguel Ruiz writes about how most people's ideas of love are rather screwy and based more around control than around the virtues we like to consider as affection. I've observed this is pretty much true. A lot of love spell cases don't pan out well, and this is often because people frequently act in contrary manners to what will help their case ("sabotaging their own work" as some practitioners say.) This often happens because control, not love, is really what the person seeks. I'm not going to tell society to change its ideas about love, I frankly am fine with it -- but understanding that much helps to understand how to work with things, and at that, Intranquility Spells still aren't great moves if you want control as it's all in the hands of a spirit, with you unable to make contact. These spells are not much for Commanding; they are for Revenge. I am willing to cast them myself as much as I'll cast any love or revenge spells, but I will say I'm picky about it. This story helps illustrate why I don't like getting caught in them.

However, for those still interested in Intranquility Spells, I will add this helpful information: most success stories seem to involve supplementing the spell with more benign love work, such as Come To Me or Honey Jar spells. I also find that the victims who respond best to Intranquility often have dark or abusive personalities themselves, and so really do perceive misery and harm as an aspect of love. 

Additionally, my own experience is that one does not necessarily have to go all out by calling on The Intranquil Spirit. I have had some successes by just adding a little Restless powder to other love spells to achieve similar ends but much more gently. This makes the person anxious and restless till they see you, without complicating things by involving a mad spirit who is "in Hell and will not reach Heaven."

 As I've said before, it is a curiously popular spell -- perhaps because the desperate who wish to bring back a lost lover enjoy the idea of making their mate as tormented as they are. Some people who cast the spell for themselves even find they feel the spell to have "backfired" on them and claim that THEY, instead of their would-be lover, were the subject rendered intranquil and unable to think of anything else but their desired person.

I don't have any great moral objections to the Intranquility spell: I just don't love doing them because I find their reputation to be rather ill deserved. They just don't work all that well, in my observation: I have seen it to be one of those spells where even if it works, it doesn't really work -- that is, it doesn't do what the person obviously had intended to achieve. Even in cases where everything goes perfectly -- the person who wanted the spell stays quiet and doesn't contact the target of the spell, where there's no backfiring or weirdness, and where the target doesn't just hold out for a lifetime of intranquility -- what generally seems to happen is that the target is rendered intranquil and depending on circumstances, either contacts or comes back to the person who wanted the spell cast. Things are then hunky-dory for a short while, but once the (usually male) target feels contented again, he leaves again. Working with the Intranquil Spirit is, let us say, not a one-time affair.

But as I said in my last post on the subject, it seems to be almost as common for the target to just hold out for a lifetime of strife and stress, based on the reports I've heard from those who used the spells and were able to keep tabs on their exes. It is a general matter with love spells that they cannot go against a person's free will: and no, that's not saying there's some universal rule declaring it's immoral to force a person's free will, I'm saying that love magic spells -- unless the person being targeted is extremely weak-minded and incapable of judgment -- are not able to turn a person into a "zombie" who has no free will and no ability to discern if the course of action being proposed is unreasonable*. This is, for example, why love spells on celebrities whom you've never met don't work: Brad Pitt knows perfectly well, just by way of rational thinking, that it would be a dumb idea to drop what he's doing and go scouting around rural Idaho for some girl he had a dream about (for example) just because he's having bizarrely fond thoughts for this mystery person. Likewise, your ex may know that he just cannot deal with you anymore, and know that even if he's having remorseful or impassioned thoughts that life with you is just not something that's logical any longer; and so he'll ignore the calls from the love spell and keep about his business. This includes Intranquility spells.

As is warned by Jaya over at her blog, "The Anima Sola and Intranquil Spirit don't necessarily reunite lovers so that they are married and live happily forever amen but may reunite lovers only for a short time. After that time is over, it will be very difficult for you to find another love or even have sex with another person as such a strong love spell will certainly create a sexual dysfunction for you other than your former beloved."

Intranquility spells can of course be used by anyone, but they ought be done with much caution.

*And I just love it when people insist "No, it's totally possible! I know someone who did it!" Of course, if this is the truth I want to know all about it! Unfortunately, this story never holds up to further questioning.

25 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this useful information. Can you please let me know how to make the Restless Powder as I really need it. Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out http://amzn.com/1450573177 and use the "Search Inside" function on the book. The recipe for Restless should come right up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im confused still what happens after the candle is burned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I burned an intranquility candle for the second time last nite. The first one burned perfectly and I saw results immediately but this second one as soon as I lit it started smoking right away and when I woke up this morning the candle was not lit. Not sure if I should re light it tonight or buy another one. Help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoking and going out is usually a bad omen, and might mean the spirit can't or won't help you.

      Delete
  5. The real virtue I see in using the Intranquilo spell is to teach the abandoner a lesson, which is important so they don't repeat their mistake and take the relationship for granted. It can be followed with other work such as love and commitment to gain harmony and joy again. But once that person's spirit was broken and they experienced such intense misery, it has the effect of retaining a vulnerable insecurity within them so they will never want to experience that again. It's a lesson they deserve to keep them faithful even after the primary effects have worn off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would there be a reason why an Intranquil candle will burn down but never effect the target. He does not have spiritual protection, 9 separate intranquil candles have been burnt down all petitions worded differently and nothing is happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of reasons! Among them, maybe the spell was cast badly, maybe the spirit doesn't want to work with you for some reason, maybe the spirit is working with you and affecting him but not achieving the exact result you expected, maybe he absolutely will never come back to you and no amount of torture can provoke it, etc.

      Delete
  7. I'm really interested in trying this spell, but I've heard it's dangerous.. it can cause problems if the spirits don't leave you or something. Also is that ok if I see the person everyday? (we work at the same company). Any info is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This spell won't work if you see the person all the time -- the spell works by having the spirit torment the person until they see you and ONLY until they see you, which means the spell will be broken as soon as they see you.

      I know there is a popular cult (for lake of a better term) online that promotes using the Intranquility spell while simultaneously teaching that it is "evil" or dangerous. I eve recently had a client who asked for the kinds of effect from an Intranquil (wanted the guy to be desperate to see her, etc.) but then right after the casting became convinced by these folks it was evil and needed to be undone. Now, I certainly don't think an Intranquility spell is appropriate for every breakup case, and I think one should understand what the spell is meant to do before casting it, but the Intranquility is no more evil than trying to get those same results with any other magic spell.
      As to the rumor that the spirits don't leave, I suspect the real issue -- just based on a lot of observation about who tends to use these -- is that the people who cast these are so "intranquil" and desperate themselves, that they often accuse the spirit of having been the one who caused the feelings in them as a "payback" or a "backfiring" but really it's just how they were in the first place and they didn't recognize that until they began to obsess over the spell. (This is another reason why I say you should just forget about a spell once you cast it. Fretting and obsession leads nowhere good.)

      Delete
  8. My husband is having an affair with a married woman, he has left our home and she has left hers. I want him to dump her and come home to save our marriage. We are in contact every day, so will an Intranquil Spirit be useful in this situation? Is there any other spell I can do to break them up and bring him home? Please help. Much gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be useful. I would recommend using breakup work against him and the girl in addition to any spells used to call him back.

      Delete
  9. I'm curious, does facebook count as "seeing you" although you have no real contact (each other goes out of there way to not acknowledge each other) yet are friends (on facebook)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very possibly, if they actually do see you. (If they have their settings arranged so that they don't see you in their feed and don't go out of their way to check then obviously no.) I'd say that if you must do this spell over a person you have on Facebook, at least change your profile pic to something that's not you.

      Delete
  10. My boyfriend is constantly messing around on me. I chased me for 6 months and then after. He moved in with me and moved out. He been asking me for keys I finally gave it to him now he still wasn't coming home. I found out another woman and he continues to lie. Here recently he got a job got a car he comes by but no spending nights. I want him to stop cheating move back in and pick up from where we was really happy together. After reading the intraquil spell I don't want to change his happiness towards me but I do want him faithful and happy to be around me and no other woman besides me. I read the comment about the rent less powder and think that would aide against a good cause but no intraquil oh no! I did work on him before with excellent results bUT I have to go harder because I feel somewhat aBandon due to him being influence by another female. Would stay at home and never leave with a power punch be a little bit more effect and what else should I add to stop the cheating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he's moved away and isn't visiting you anymore, it sounds like he's broken up with you. You'd need to do Return Lover workings first, then worry about fidelity after that.

      Delete
  11. Interesting thought. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Talia (again)!

    Y'know... I was thinkin' (Yeah, I know! I need to get that checked out! :D ) that if folks REALLY want to cast this spell then I would offer a version of which I would want to work. My version is SERIOUSLY altered from what is available online as I feel it is VITALLY important to be VERY specific when casting (for anything). Quite frankly, the current version is lacking in this department BIG TIME.

    So, here goes my deliciously twisted (definitely NOT for the faint-at-heart) IS working...

    (I am female, so it is worded as such.)

    "In nomine patris et filii et Spiritus sancte,
    I summon thee, Espiritu Intranquilo, to stand
    before me NOW and do as I command!

    I command that you take control of [target's full name]'s five senses and do NOT let him rest in peace,

    neither seated nor standing,
    waking nor sleeping,
    that he should think only of ALWAYS...

    seeing me
    being with me
    mentally, emotionally, and spiritually supporting me
    loving me
    making love to me
    being attracted, in all ways, to me
    smelling my intoxicating scent
    tasting my love AND my pleasure
    spending quality time with me
    being my everything
    being open and honest with me
    being faithful and loyal to me
    trusting our love and our union
    treating me as his one and only; his Queen

    that he should find himself desperate
    as the waters trying to reach the shores
    and as torn as the wind and rain in the
    most violent storms until he returns to me
    and desires ONLY to remain lovingly by my
    side for the rest of his days for all eternity

    that he should run and run until he is standing
    IN FRONT of me, having humbly fallen at my feet,
    apologizing profusely for [insert your grievances here] towards me because NOBODY will help him, and I am his ONLY respite, his ONLY joy, his ONLY happiness, his ONLY peace, his ONLY solace,

    and neither divorced woman, nor married woman,
    nor widower, nor virgin, nor any other shall ever
    love him but only me and me alone for the rest
    of his days for all eternity,

    [target's full name], I conjure you before the Cross and by the Power of I Am that you are to run and run after me as the living run after the Cross and the dead run after the light until I am in the ground and even still for all eternity.


    [target's full name], I conjure you before the Cross and by the Power of I Am to return to me without delay; passionately and completely loving me; cherishing me as your most prized treasure, staying with me and NEVER straying, and doing as I say always for the rest of your days for all eternity.

    Go now, Espiritu Intranquilo, and do as I have commanded unto you. May you burn for ALL eternity should you disobey ME! And when I say, "your work is done", you are to run and run FAR away from [target's full name] and NEVER return to him UNLESS I have commanded and summoned you forth! Should you disobey, I will VANQUISH you so far into the bowels of Hell that NO person nor ANY entity (in any lifetime or dimension; known and unknown) will EVER have the power to
    retrieve or summon you again!

    End by stating: το χάβελ νο συμβεί τώρα

    [pronounced TOE KAH=NEE NAH SEEM-VEE TOE-RAH, which means "make it happen now" in Greek]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, if you look at the Spanish versions of the spell, there are a few different versions of the prayer that are used. For some reason, there's apparently only one basic version that gets translated into English.

      As for me... I will say I have not had any trouble at all with the spirit "coming back to me" or making trouble, even when I've done the spell for myself. I don't know if it's just that me and the spirit have a particularly good working relationship, but I find her no threat at all. Whatever her motives for doing this kind of work, it brings her a some relief from her unhappy condition to do it and so she's glad to do it, in my experience. The only thing she seems to be antsy about is if you try to do the spell as pure revenge -- like you just want to make the victim intranquil forever and have no intention of taking him back even if he returns. The spirit dislikes that, but if it's to try to reunite lovers, she considers it good work.

      Delete
  13. I agree. Revenge is no bueno! At the end of the day, folks are gonna do what they are gonna do. I, for one, only work this spell for reconciliation. <3

    Also, it is interesting how only one version of the "prayer" is available to folks (and/or typically sold with spell kits for reputable shops).

    C'est la vie... I suppose.

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it's because the spell was introduced to most English-speakers through a single source (not 100% sure as to whom it was, but probably either a particular manufacturer of candles or a particular occult supplier) and so that's the version English speakers learned. I've seen at least 3 versions of the oration in Spanish, and the earliest version I've found seems to use 21 candles (presumably small tealights or household candles) instead of a single glass-encased novena light -- which hints that someone selling novena lights popularized it.

      Delete
  14. I will definitely beef up my collection of this Working as it fascinates me to no end.

    Also, I cannot even fathom lighting that many candles. Whoa! This Working is intense enough sans all that heat! Folks and their money making "schemes". SMH ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!!very interesting and important all the information about IS...I'm thinking to caste it...but I'm still reading about IS...and I'm confused...what wants IS?!?!?
    Also I'd like to add that in part of spell (that vegashood wrote) : χαβελ να το συμβεί τωρα
    It's not right and it isn't mean make it happen now in Greek language (I'm Greek)
    The right one is : κανε το να συμβεί τωρα (Kane to na simvei tora)
    And actually what's the right version of spell?!???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several different versions of the oration circulating. Spanish is the spell's original language, but there are English translations of some versions of the oration.

      In hoodoo style magic and some related systems, spirits take candles as a sort of payment for their services. The candle or candles burned for the spirit are what the spirit gets out of the bargain.

      Delete

All messages must be approved by the blog owner. Off-topic discussion, testimonials and advertisements WILL be rejected.