Hoodoo Voodoo Witchcraft Sachet Powder for Room Freshening and Purification

 I moved to a new house a few months ago, and when I did, I repurposed a piece of furniture that formerly has held my oils and incense to instead become a clothing drawer. 

The trouble is, despite cleaning, it still held onto a bit of an unpleasant odor from its past use. (It's well known that spiritual oils and incense don't always have desirable fragrances.) 

I decided to make an old style sachet to refresh the drawers. Taking inspiration from a historical sachet recipe and modern methods, I assembled the following:

ingredients for hoodoo room purifying sachet

Herbs, essential oils and baking soda. The soda will help purge and purify any unwanted smells while the herbs and oils will add new, desirable fragrances. I decided to make my sachet after a classic Van Van, including the cinnamon and rosemary from the old New Orleans recipe. A coffee filter serves as the container for all this.

I simply eyeballed the soda, I would say it was around 1/3 cup used. Based on the old Verbena sachet I put in 5 drops lemon oil and 6 drops bergamot -- and I have to say I am a fan of that combo! It's a much nicer, deeper citrus scent than the usual lemon-sweet orange you get nowadays. (Though if you have read Conjure Cookbook you already might know my preference for Bitter Orange due to its stronger, and frankly more orange-like, scent.) I also added a drop of lemongrass to keep with tradition. 

After mixing together soda and oils, I added a few pinches each of lemongrass, cinnamon and rosemary herbs. I thought about adding orris as a fixative, but I decided it wasn't likely necessary. 



After that you simply close up the filter however you like (I used a rubberband, but a staple would do, or even string.) The resulting sachet can go in your drawer or cabinet to freshen and spiritually empower your clothing and furnishings. It will begin to work almost immediately, and should last about 6 weeks.

Remember -- in modern hoodoo, physical uncleanliness and spiritual uncleanliness are very closely linked, and the cleaner and sweeter smelling you keep everything in your life, the less evil and negativity will be able to access you.